Monday, August 14, 2006

Camden


Wow,
So I haven't written in a while because I am having so much fun in Camden. The people here are amazing and I feel like I fit right in. It's a wonderful feeling to come to a new town and meet so many wonderful friends so quickly. I have been spending my days out sailing, kyaking and hiking. Last week I met a few other cross country cylclists riding through, almost at the end of their journey. Of course I couldn't resist chatting with them and they ended up sticking around town for a couple days. On sad note, we parked our bikes over night by the water and woke up to almost all of our stuff gone! Luckily we locked our bikes. After awhile of talking with the police and reporters, and a swim, we found out the business association in Camden wanted to help us replace our gear. How Amazing. They took us to the store and we had a shopping spree. I cannot say thanks enough. What an wonderful community!!!!!! Thank You!
My pictures are all gone so there will not be any added until I can get a new camera. I really wish you could all have seen the ones from here, it is beautiful. Also, my poison ivy was quite unbelievable, but it is almost gone.
SO here is an update on the next part of the adventure. I am riding a chopper from maine to Oregon. When I say chopper I mean a bad-ass, pimped out American Ironhorse Texas Chopper. I figured I would try the crossing agian but with an egine this time. And what an engine it is. I will put some photos up as soon as I get a new camera. You guys will not believe this machine!!
I am getting some last minute details taken care of and plan to leave mid to late this week. My time here in Maine has been awesome and I am trying not to think about leaving. I am sure I will be back some day.
Hope all is well,

2 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Love the kayaking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home